The NASA SBIR/STTR subtopic workshop was held on September 12 and 13 at NASA Ames Research Center and virtually.
- The workshop was held for informational purposes only and was an opportunity for the small business community to explore and share ideas related to the general technical topic areas.
- In the event of any inconsistency between data provided on this website and the Final Solicitation, the language in the Final Solicitation, including any amendments, will govern.
The presentations, discussions and summaries for breakout sessions from the workshop are available below.
Draft of Related Subtopics
The draft subtopic descriptions for related SBIR/STTR workshop presentations are no longer available for download. The NASA SBIR/STTR program solicitation for 2017 was released on November 17, 2016.
This event was held to build NASA's relationship with the small business community and increase communication between NASA and potential proposers. Attendees had the opportunity to:
- Interact with the NASA SBIR/STTR Program Experts, Mission Directorate Representatives, and NASA Technologists
- Learn about, ask questions, and provide feedback on selected topic areas. The information obtained through the workshop may result in small refinements to the FY17 SBIR/STTR solicitation, but the primary purpose of the workshop was to inform development of the FY18 SBIR/STTR solicitation
- Receive a general overview of NASA’s SBIR and STTR programs and an explanation of how topic areas of interest were developed and chosen for the workshop
- Network with other small business and industry leaders